NAHC members may participate in the National Medicaid Action Council affiliate by paying an additional $250 in dues. The Council was established to allow for the participation of small agencies who derive most of their funding from Medicaid. The fee established is $1,500 lowered this organizational year from $2000. NAHC will share $500 for each member it receives with its collaborating member state association this year and $1,000 next year when the full renewal fee will be $2,000. NAHC will use the funds to hire additional staff who are experts in Medicaid generally and especially on home care and hospice issues.
- High quality, experienced board leaders co-chaired by Andrea Devoti, former NAHC Chair and President/CEO of Neighborhood Health and Ellen Bolch, President/CEO of the THA Group and former Chair of the NAHC Proprietary Section and Chair of the South Carolina Home Care & Hospice Association
- The best, most experienced and most successful staff members with over 75 years of combined experience. They include Executive Director, Colin Roskey, a current partner in the law firm Alston & Bird, and former Counsel to the Senator Charles Grassles and the Senate Finance Committee; Chris Jennings, former Counsel to the Senate Committee on Aging as well as senior White House health advisor to Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama; and Val J. Halamandaris, who served for 20 years as Counsel to Senators Frank E. Moss and Congressman Claude Pepper of the U.S. Senate and House Committees on Aging.
Information and Advice
- Access to the Medicaid Council website with new postings daily as well as advice about what each story means and what you should do about it
- Access to teleconference on Medicaid issues twice every month
- Access to Medicaid Full Court Press, a bimonthly newspaper including a national and state Medicaid (home care and hospice) news update
- Access to a new Medicaid-only list-serv
- Access to up to four yearly virtual conferences/teleconferences at member rates
- Pre-conferences on Medicaid issues before NAHC’s Annual Meeting and Policy Conference
- Access to a chat room with experts on key Medicaid issues every week
- Access at a preferential rate to Medicaid Seminars jointly sponsored by NAHC and collaborating state associations
- Access to accreditation through Homecare University
- Access to Homecare University’s Certification of Home Care Executives program
- The opportunity to increase referrals via enhanced listing in NAHC’s on-line directory
- The opportunity to help set the legislative and regulatory agenda for the council
- The opportunity to help set the list of legislative and regulatory priorities each year
- Access to the Legislative and Regulatory Action Center postings on the Medicaid Council website providing information of progress on reach agreed to objectives and how to help
- Access to instruction on how to effectively education your members of Congress.